Thursday, January 7, 2016

It's the Waiting

Waiting for test results...
Time slows, mind flies, worry sets its claw.
Then the phone finally rings only to reveal more tests are on the way.
Time slows...

He is the Great Physician.  He is the healer of all things.  He is there.
There to hold my hand as I wait for the test, wait for the result, wait.
There to calm my mind as it flies to things that could be, things that might be, things that get bigger and more ugly as I wait.
There to unclench the worry that is now scoffing me, laughing and imagining.

"but they who wait upon for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:30

Please help me Lord to not just wait, but to wait with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment