Friday, February 14, 2014

Not Easy But Worth It

 I have a poster with a picture of Jesus that says, "I didn't say it would be easy.  I said it would be worth it."  Life is a series of bumps and turns, highs and lows, smooth sailing days followed by days of water sloshing over the boat.  When wave after wave are crashing around, it is hard to think of anything but escape.  Casting Crowns sings of praising God in the storm.  Finding something good in the midst of turmoil is one thing.  Finding something praise worthy is another.  For me it has been a week of life changes, sickness, worry, and lost car keys.  It has also been a week of an unexpected surprise in the mail, a comment from a co-worker that made my day, and a time of reflection.  I am grateful for all of these things.  They are the good that help me cope with the rest.  For that I am grateful.   But praise goes beyond thankfulness.  Praise is taking that thankfulness, wrapping it with all the good and  all the bad, and giving it to the Lord.  Kneeling at his feet and saying,
Yes, I praise you for all of this. 
You are my God. 
My trust is in you.
I praise you in the good.
I praise you in the bad.
Because
I trust you in the good.
I trust you in the bad.





No comments:

Post a Comment